Re: Zyindex ( non zywrite question)

P.S. the good news is that when I use dtSearch to index my XyWrite files on
a modern PC (even my 1998 Pentium) it only takes 20 minutes, not all night.

P.P.S. If you use dtSearch, you have to delete or at least compress the
old index file every so often, before you build a new index. I didn't think
of doing that, and the index files just grew and grew until they took up my
entire hard drive. I was sure I'd have to buy a new computer until I
examined my files in a shell program and saw those 10MB index files.

P.P.P.S. I wrote an article about text search programs for Law Office
Computing years ago, which is why I know about ZyIndex and dtSearch. You
can read it on my web site.

Norman

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D