Re: Do we actually need XP support?

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 5:45 AM, Bill Troop mailto:billtroop@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I am totally happy running Win 8.1 and XyWrite under W2K and VMware. XyWrite simply appears as the program it has always seemed to be. As W2K doesn't connect to the Internet, there is no need to protect it in any way. Under Win 8.1, W2K merely serves as a kind of pre-processor for XyWrite.

Bill,

I'm very much looking forward to your step-by-step instructions for VMWare. If I decide to go that route, using Win 7 or Win 8.1 as my main OS, what's the advantage of using W2K as the virtual OS rather than XP, which has the benefit of long familiarity?

Lynn