Please Log On Error in Win95

I finally got around to setting a file association for XyWin 4.11
under Win95, intending that I would be able to open XyWin and
automagically load a document by double-clicking on that file in
WinExplorer (I've been accustomed to doing it the other way--opening
XyWin, then restoring a saved session).

Instead, I got a "please log on" error, and although XyWin opened,
the file did not, and any attempts afterwards to open _any_ file
produce the same "Please log on" dialog box. There's no entry in the
Help file about logging on. After using XyWin for six years (and III+
for years before that), I suddenly feel like someone who wants to
drive a sports car and can't figure out where the key goes.  Is
there some additional parameter needed in the File Types database
(perhaps pointing to a settings file) needed for XyWin file
association?

Best,

   K-Mac

  ---] Michael Paul McDowell, writing as Michael P. Kube-McDowell
  ---] Author of THE QUIET POOLS and STAR WARS: THE BLACK FLEET CRISIS
  ---] Web Site: http://www.sff.net/people/K-Mac/default.htm
  ---] Newsgroup: sff.people.Kube-McDowell at server NEWS.SFF.NET