Re: First Load

Reply to note from flash  Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:15:36
+0100

> Be aware that these search & download services require you to
> install software on your machine, which may affect the
> underlying OS and may not completely un-istall later (w/all
> that that implies).

I followed Harry's original link. It all looked too good to be true,
so I stopped right there, but I see how the site could be a trap for
the unwary. My questions, though, are (1) why would one need a
"service" (much less a paid one) to find and download anything on
Usenet, and (2) what would a *legal* copy of HTOED be doing on
Usenet in the first place? It's a double oxymoron, stress on the
last two syllables.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx