Re: printers for xywrite

perschau@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Jordan:
> We use 3hplaser.prn with Lexmark Optra 410, 1220 and 1855 printers, which
> auto-emulate; and with Epson Action Laser 1500 (emulating an HP3 laser
> printer). We used to also use an 8000-series Epson Action Laser in HP3
> emulation mode.
> We use 3dj5-10u.prn with 600 and 800 series HP color printers.
> Rob

Thanks for the info, Rob. I guess my Optra 40 inkjet auto-emulates, if by that
you mean no non-default h/w or s/w settings are required, to be able to use
either the PS or the PCL, as one prefers in a given print job. All that's
needed is the appropriate driver. I hope I won't regret the $$ I shelled out to
bump this printers memory to the 76M. max., but I wanted the option of doing
larger graphics under PS. That was plain impossible with the 4M. of printer RAM
it comes with, and horribly slow otherwise. It is still slow, but not as slow.
The PCL printing is much faster, requires no added mem., and does graphics well
enough. Now I just need to get the XY prn driver situation taken care of.

Jordan