Re: redirecting LPT1 to a USB printer

The following link to a page of instructions for setting up WPDOS to
print to a USB printer under windows might be useful to anybody
attempting this. It shows how (in principle) it is possible to redirect
to a local printer on a standalone PC by using the Microsoft Loopback
Adaptor.

http://www.columbia.edu/%7Eem36/wpdos/winprint.html

I have tried this, with only limited success. When I set everything up
as instructed, redirect LPT1 and install the loopback adaptor and then
try to print from XY3 or XY4 I can see the print jobs reach the print
queue which then claims to print them, but they don't emerge from the
printer. Does anybody have any ideas about this?

Paul Breeze