Re: Running xy 3+ under windows xp - aarrgghhh!

Pat wrote:  "I did some freelance work for the old Personal Computing mag
back in the 80s, and they were using XyW. They had copies of every known
PC-platform word processor around then, so they didn't MAKE me change (I was
using--laugh if you like--the Leading Edge Word Processor [it came with my
first system]) . . .".

Back in 1978, I started with WP Daisy, a wonderful command driven word
processor for Z-80 machines. Worked fine with only 48K memory (allowing 31K
files). As w/ XyWrite, commands were largely mnemonic, so that I (a
near-total failure at memorizating things) soon had them in limbic memory).
I chose WPDaisy over Electric Pencil because WPD agreed to add a superscript
feature.

Fred Gross