Re: screen fonts

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

>     By the bye, Xy (DOS and Win) run fine, full screen or Windowed for DOS,
> on my laptop, which runs at 600X800, but only has a 10-inch screen.
> (Think about that: my 20-60 eyes can see 600X800 on a 10-inch LCD, but
> not on a 13-inch CRT.) The laptop, I note, has a PCI VGA card, not an AGP
> one, so could it be the combination of high-resolution and AGP that's
> throwing Xy off?

I don't think so, Patricia. I'm running a Matrox Millennium G400 (not one of their
most current models) PCI AGP card, with a 21" CRT monitor. The desktop and most of
the app.s run at what I've set -- 1024 x 768 x 16K colors @ 75hz. refresh. I would
expect that DOS app.s don't know from this, and do their own thing (whatever they're
capable of), but I don't know for sure. I can tell you that Xy4DOS looks quite good
full screen under OS/2, and at the moment under W2K I have a set of expedient
compromises in effect that render it acceptable there, though maybe not for long
sessions. At some point, I will fiddle around with Ultravision, the German fonts,
and whatever other ideas people have broached here.

As to AGP, that is almost certainly not relevant. AGP is just a particular flavor
of PCI card slot, dedicated to latter day video cards. If you're saying that your
video card only goes up to VGA, that could be an issue. We've been in an SVGA and
XVGA world for some time now. But again, how that affects a DOS app. running under
Windows, I couldn't say.

Jordan