Re: DOS Window Font Nomenclature and Identification

Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:39:21
+0100

Very nice sans serif font, Manuel. Beautiful. I like it
just the way it is (1280x1024), so I'm maybe the wrong
person to ask. But this is CodePage 1252, right? I use
your Mono850n.FON (CP850) a _lot_.
The font is CP 1252 but it would be possible to redo it in 850 CP. I am
glad to hear that you're using my 28 lines font (1280x1024, 850 CP,
suitable for standard XyWrite). Obviously, it's freely available if
someone is interested in it.
Your trick is very very useful because it makes possible to have the
same fonts installed in 850 and 1252 codepages at the same time. A big
improvement. A related question: I am suffering a curious trouble
related to font management under Windows (excuse my ignorance but I'm
blocked). As you know, I use ansified XyWrite in windowed mode under
W2000K. If a start a different DOS program in windowed mode it takes the
same font, either I call it using a batch file or I invoke directly the
main executable (always via a .LNK file). If I attempt to change the
font for that program (obviously, a 1252 font is not OK for standard DOS
programs), the system offers two possibilities: to apply the font only
to the current windows or to apply it to all windows with the same
title. If I apply the font only to the current window, the program
doesn't take it as default. If I apply it to all windows with the same
title, my XyWrite configuration is changed the next time I start the
program. Any suggestion? I am sure I am forgetting something obvious.
As soon as possible, I'll build a 800x600 version of my font, suitable
for standard XyWrite and I'll post it. A 1024x768 version, later, maybe
next year.
Best regards,
Manuel Castelao