Re: End of file char

At 02:51 PM 5/21/96 EST, you wrote:
>** Reply to note from Harry Binswanger 05/21/96
>
>>> [The] simplest trick is the oldest one of all (for DOS or
>>> OS/2-VDM only...). Invent a non-existent filename, e.g. BOGUS,
>>> then issue this command (in XyWrite):
>>>
>>>  dos/nv/x/z /c copy my.txt/a+bogus my.txt/b
>
>> That's what I've been doing. Except what is the /x and the /z?
>> Do they keep the same filename? DOS doesn't recognize them.
>
>Take another look at the command above. If that's what you've been doing, then >this
whole EOF discussion thread would be moot, because you would never have >experienced any
Ascii-26 or post-Ascii-26 'garbage' problems ("Does anyone know >.. a way to avoid the
garbage past Xy's EOF marker..."). Aaah. I get it. I did need another look to see the + in
there. Will try that.
Now the apparent contradiction between my request for help and my knowing how to get rid
of 1A is that I was eliminating the 1A only when preparing
HTML files in Xy for FTPing to a web site--it just hadn't occurred to me to eliminate the
1A to eliminate the post-1A stuff in Notepad for emailing. But it does work, and that's
the important thing. Thanks, Robert.

>XyWrite commands /X and /Z freeze the screen and omit user prompts while >XyWrite shells
out to DOS.
    I thought the "nv" omitted user prompts. Maybe I should read the manual. No, wash
my mouth out!
>If you are using Xy3+ . . .
Nope, I'm using Xy4.
Regards and thanks,