Re: Anti-Spam Option

>to post that a subscription is necessary. In a word, we lose
>nothing (except unwanted posts), while the burden on non-subscribers
>is minimal. On the other hand, spam has not been a big problem in
>recent memory -- an argument for maintaining the status quo.
>Your views?
>Carl Distefano

I think by closing the list to non-subscribers, you would also block some
desirable postings, such as (maybe) SmartWords progress reports from TTG.
As you say, this was a single incident. Unless more spammers leave their
droppings here, I would suggest not to fix what is not broken.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "I have always seen military service as a plus." Bill Clinton,99