Re: U2

Carl wrote:

>Not true! As I said yesterday, functions assigned to a shifting key
>(Shift, Ctrl, Alt, etc.) take effect only when the key is
>*released*. Any such assignment will NOT prevent the key from being
>used as a shifting key. Try it and see for yourself.

I did, and it doesn't. ALL combination keys work as SOON as the
second key is pressed (e.g. CTRL - S, CTRL - A and so on)
Is this another difference in XY3? It would frustrate me
no end to have to wait for the release of the second key.
As it is I can chain commands, for instance by holding down
the CTRL key and tapping P then S then D without lifting the
CTRL key (it gives me Print, Save, Directory in sequence)

-> My solution was to create a special keyboard file ("TEST.KBD")
-> which returns the scan code for every single key exept one, ...
-> The file is tedious to create...

>Needless tedium. Xy4|XyWin|NBWin have VAriables that return scan
>codes ($SC) and key codes ($KC) for the last-pressed key.

Well, there you are!! XY3 don't got.

regards
-PJD