Re: Can v. 112 of Jumbo U2 Crash OS/2 ?

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> ** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Fri, 26 Jul 2002
> 11:26:19 -0800
>
> I think you'd be better off pursuing this in the OS/2 newsgroups. You're
> probably not the only person who's experienced this problem...

Hi Robert,

Yes, it is looking more that way. One of the Scitech guys expressed his strong
opinion that this is a kernel defect, not a video issue. (We've already
confirmed it has nothing to do with Xy or U2.) I still had my doubts, and so
uninstalled SDD Pro, in favor of the Matrox drivers. The problem is still
there. Someone on our OS/2 Help List has just sent me the latest Testcase
kernel . . . but I need to be sure it is appropriate for ECS. If it is, I have
little to lose by trying it. This new boot partition I am building just won't be
viable without XyWrite (and some other DOS programs that I rely on) ! In the
meantime, I'm going to generate one last Trap, write down _everything_, and post
it on comp.os2.bugs.

Jordan