Re: History; code

We have no completely
accurate conversion filters: Adobe--criminally--removed the ones for
XyWrite 4 when it bought out Word for Word, and there are serious bugs in
the WordPort ones. And they don't convert Use Styles. (That is really
unfortunate, since Styles, in any word processor, are a much more logical
way to format documents than the ad hoc changes that most people use
instead--not, perhaps, surprisingly, given how awkward and buggy styles
are in Word and WordImPerfect. Anyone ever try to use WP's auto numbers?)
Patricia M. Godfrey

P and Q Editorial Services

Not that this is an answer to the problem, but I notice that Word Perfect 10 has a conversion filter for XyWrite 3+ and 4+.   I'm sure it doesn't convert perfectly but I was surprised that they included the conversion file in the 2002 version of the suite.

mimi

Mimi Gauthier LeBien
{mgnola@xxxxxxxx}        {mgnola@xxxxxxxx}

You got to be a spirit, not a ghost!" (from Bullworth)