Re: Is XY-Write a word-processor or a text editor?

Reply to note from "Yo Intl."  Sun, 17 Dec 2000
01:41:18 +0900

-> Now what are the "benefits" that occur when changing XC pairs
-> to Q2? I would be interested to know.

The obvious advantage is that the command line isn't blanked (BC)
every time a command is executed, so information already up there
isn't lost. Commands execute much faster, because they're processed
immediately, in memory, rather than being typed out on the command
line first. You get a clean display, because transient commands don't
flash across the top of the screen. In general, things are done where
they should be: manual commands are typed in plain view at the top (or
bottom) of the screen; automated commands are handled in the
background and out of the way. Last but not least, you allow yourself
the satisfaction of deploying the macro language idiomatically,
instead of plodding along with the clumsy formulations of yesteryear.

Continue rubbing two sticks together, if you insist; I say: strike a
match!

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx