XyWrite Revealed

    from Morris Krok

    mailto:essence@xxxxxxxxessence@xxxxxxxx

    A day ago I e-mailed Herb Tyson about permission to reprint his book. Certainly copyright protects all published works, but the quantity I would print is small and I am doing it not for the money, but as an appreciation for XyWrite 3 and Herb Tyson's magnificent work. With everything going to the Windows format, it is definite that Windcrest will not be interested in reprinting his book, and nor will Herb Tyson undertake it. So should someone reprint this book, it would not pay the author to sue in a court of law.
    I will let you into a secret. I once phoned Herb and he told me that MSWord is better than XyWrite and if you know some MS programming, you could accomplish what XyWrite does.
    Notwithstanding his remark, being an old fashioned guy, who fell in love with writing and the English language as far back as 1950, I still prefer dos for the initial input of data. I have not migrated to Xy4 because some of the programs written in 3, do not work in 4 or Xywin.
    I am also old fashion in that I found greater solace in ancient eternal truths than in modern misconceptions that do not incorporate life's wisdom into their equations. I will gladly send further information to anyone who is interested in this aspect.

                             Morris Krok