Re: macros

The keystrokes that won't record are the ones you strike to call up the
search and replace menu, and to enter the characters you wish to replace.
For instance, in cleaning up passages from Dante's Inferno that I
downloaded from the Gutenberg site, I wished to outline the HTML garbage
and the double carriage returns and delete them so it would be readable.

This proved impossible using the menus.

When I used the command line, as I was advised and as a true Xywrite guy
should, I got one carriage return out. I couldn't get both of them. (Not
that I wanted to, but that's neither here nor there.} And I wanted to pick
up the many little notations enclosed in carats, like  and so forth,
copy them to the command line and CH them out. But no go.

At 12:03 AM 1/25/1999 EST, you wrote:
>** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Wed, 20 Jan 1999 01:42:08
-0800

>> You're told to record keystrokes. But certain keystrokes won't record,
>> particularly the ones that you wish to replace.
>
>"Told"? Which specifically are the keys that won't record?
>If it's only the carriage return that's frustrating you, there's an
>alternate form that you can code in your KBD file, e.g. on Alt-Shift-Enter
>or some other variant key, that will do the trick.
>

>---------
>Robert Holmgren
>holmgren@xxxxxxxx
>---------