Re: searching with XPL

Stephen Moore wrote:

> O Gurus of The Sublime Ex-Why, a humble question:
>
> I have a great many files to process that have line endings
> consisting of the string CR-CR-LF. At the command line it is
> a relatively trivial task, albeit time-consuming, to CI this
> into a standard XyWrite line ending: One gets the single musical
> note (looks like a sixteenth to me, BTW) from the Help ASCII
> Special menu and then presses Ctrl-Enter for the standard CR-LF
> line ending.
>
> The question is, can this same search/replace be effected in XPL
> under III Plus 3.5x?

Best way to do this is to use fixcr.exe, which was bundled with XyWrite 3+.
>From within XyWrite: enter this on the command line

do fixcr [oldfile] [newfile]

or, from the dos prompt, fixcr [oldfile] [newfile]

Naturellement, make certain that fixcr.exe is either in the current directory or in
your path.

Then call up [newfile] and behold! You will now have two standard issue XyWrite
cr/linefeed combos. Then do whatever search and replace routines you like, using
ASCII 10 to represent the XyWrite line ends.

Regards!

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press