Re: book on Xywrite

At 02:36 AM 6/20/00 -0700, Daniel Say wrote:
> Scanning www.abebooks.com for something else, one book
>on XY3 was:
>
>   1. ROTHMAN [9]XYWRITE MADE EASIER, REVISED AND EXPANDED FOR
>  XYWRITE 111 PLUS
>  , 1988 Soft Cover. VERY GOOD Ex-Library. Book # 37228
>  Price: US$ 14.99 [10]convert currency
>  Presented by Queen & Associates, Clearwater, FL, U.S.A.
>  [11]order options
>  [12][ec.gif]

I have a copy of this book, along with the original
(not expanded and revised)

There is much information for a "newby" to XyWrite, i.e. someone
who has NEVER used a wordprocessor and needs to know what
"print" means, and "window" and so on, as well as basic
XyWrite functions. If you are comfortable with ANY wordprocessor,
however, and you have a XyWrite Manual (or even the help file
from XyWrite 3) my own opinion is it's a waste of money.
(I bought the revised edition at a sale 10 years ago for $3.99)

The main problem with the book (IMO) is that it is in the
children's hold-your-hand method of telling a story about
grandpa and his first word processor.

e.g. "
"That's great, now how do I print this file?" he said

"Well," she told him, "first you put your cursor on the
command line by pressing F-5....."

***The quotes aren't accurate, but you get the idea....

regards-
pjd