Multi-file search (and replace)

About 9 years ago I wrote, for XyIII Plus, a utility that lets you search
multiple files. It gathers the paragraphs containing the target string into a
stand-alone file. The program also has a search-and-replace function. A major
feature of this program is that it allows you to select which files in a
subdirectory you want to search. You can even do a FIND command (as in find
NOTES.XY and search all your NOTES.XY programs on your hard drive. FWIW,
there's also a negative search function (show me all the files that do NOT
contain this string.

This is a complex program, a bit tricky to install. When you run it, it saves
your current save/get file, if any, and installs its own.

I no longer have XYIII, but I do have the program as a series of files, with
extensive documentation. If there's enough interest, I'll zip it up and post
it with Nathan. If there's a moderate amount of interest, I'll just send it to
individuals (you must be able to take attached Zip files).

NB: this program will NOT work with XY4.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx