Re: Nota Bene demo and OS/2

" Thanks to Daniel Say for pointing us to the Nota Bene for
" Windows demo. Has anyone tried it under OS/2? I downloaded the

	It seemed to require the 'file manager' called
	Explorer from Win95/98, in a note I saw, from
	fatigued memory.
	OS/2 doesn't have those DLLs.

	They at Notabene seem to think that this is
	a 'good thing'. Much like the TTG who think
	that WindowsZip is on every machine when the
	gave us the Year 2000 C.E. fix executables.
	Almost as bad, but not quite, of their Web page.

" demo file but it would not install on my machine (Warp 4 FP6).
" The error message made reference to the Win32s subsystem, which
" I assume means that it requires a later Win32s than OS/2
" supports. I then tried it under Win95, and it at least does not
" have the video flicker that I get when using XyWin. But I would
" never leave OS/2 just for that.

	Flicker, some refresh problem? Often I find that
	they don't give up cpu cycles (formerly DesqView Aware
	as XY3dos was famously good for), and make everything
	else real slo-o-o-w-w as they hog cycles. TAME does
	not always help this problem.
" Cheers,
" John Gordon