Re: Anti-Spam Option

Thanks, Nathan, for the tip. Alas, I susbscribe to the XyList through
my government email account, which already filters most spam. As for
AOL, I have configured it to block all email from non-AOL sources, and
as for the rest I can tell if its spam if I don't recognize the
sender's screen name. Leaning on the delete key gives me a perverse
satisfaction, knowing that all the effort the spammer went to in order
to find me went for naught.

≪< Nathan Sivin  11/21 10:45a said in his usual
worldly fashion...≫>

Let me add for Steve C. that most fairly up-to-date email programs
incorporate spam filters, which you can set to automatically dump in
the trash, without troubling you to delete it, any message with "free"
or "!!!" in the subject line. In Netscape 4 , you use "Mail filters"
under the "Edit" menu.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin