Re: Classic Keyboards {was: XYWin on Win 98}

Harry Binswanger wrote:

> >Someone (here ?)
>
> That be me. I was just going to recommend this.

> >turned me on to a guy named Matthew Cen, who had a bunch of
> >never used, programmable MaxiSwitch keyboards with the dual F-Key set,
> >which he was selling for around $100. (which may have included the
> >shipping

I thought it had to be a recommendation from this list. We're the only ones who
still appreciate such things.

> I found him on ebay. But it's one of those deals where you can bid or buy
> at a fixed price.
>  "Matthew Cen"
> I have no connection with him other than having bought two kbds from him.

I communicated with him directly via email -- no bid, bought at an agreed fixed
price.

> His kbds are mostly of value because programmable. I don't find the touch
> to be very good.

Not compared to a real Northgate, or even a vintage IBM, but certainly in the
acceptable range, even if you're somewhat critical about these things.

> It uses the bigger connector, so you have to go
> to Radio Shack and get a little AT-to-mini adapter (for maybe $5, it's a
> thing about as big as your thumb).

What I was saying is that there is more than one workable adaptor on the market.
I had to toss the kind that goes at right angles, like a pipe joint, because it
would not fit the tight clearances of the port connector layout at the back of
some computers.

Jordan