Re: Conversion from XyWrite to Warp

You can also use an application called Word for Word, which was
developed by Mastersoft and then sold, I think, to Adobe. The conversion
files that XyWrite and other programs use were leased from Mastersoft.

Adobe once published Word for Word on an Adobe File Utilities CD, which
also had Acrobat Reader, a Viewer that lets you read files in many
formats without loading the app, and a couple of others. I have version
1.0, and I don't see the product listed on a current list of products in
the Adobe magazine. But t ask Adobe. (800) 833-6687. www.adobe.com. I
don't think the cost is too great.

Word for Word translates smoothly from and to XyWrite 3 and 4 and XyWin
from all the familiar word processors, and also handles ASCII, Mac,
graphics files, spreadsheets, etc. And of course from and to other pairs
of these. You usually have to do a little cleaning up, but to and from
Word and Word RTF has been pretty clean for me on straight text with few
heads, which is all I've worked with. The version I have handles Word
for Windows 7, but there must be a later version.

And the interface is simple and clean.