Re: Automatic Indexing (fwd)

On Oct. 16th Jerry Bernstein (jbjc@xxxxxxxx) wrote:

>ZyIndex (ZyLabs, Chicago) ... The program has a list of "noise words" that it
>filters out of the doc. before extracting the index. You could copy that
>list, or edit it for your own use.

Might I suggest that The Technology Group purchase rights to such a list,
edit it to XyWrite format, and distribute it as an accessory to XyWrite?
This would take very little and low-level manpower. Without it the
well-regarded indexing capability of XyWrite is little used, as Robert
Holmgren noted on Oct. 17th. It could be placed on the BBS for present
users. A nifty but higher level addition would be some easy way to switch
back and forth between this dictionary alone and the regular complement.
Jim.

James Enterline  144 West 95th Street  1 (212) 865-9648 Voice/Fax .
New York NY 10025   jenterli@xxxxxxxx