Re: Code pages

Harry Binswanger wrote:

I did the first time. Same thing in all modes. va/nv la returns 437.
I get 850 for draft and WYSYWIG, but it does nothing to solve my problem
of seeing the right (ANSI?) accents.
IN ordinary Xy, some of the accented letters do not display, except in
Graphics view, as anything other than a bold number within []. If TAME
is supposed to let you see them and you're not, that's a TAME problem,
not a Xy one.
BUT lowercase u umlaut is one that does display correctly in draft or
Graphic view, whether I type it using my keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift
", followed by u), or Ctrl+Alt 129 or 783. What value/keystroke are
you using?
Michael's problem is weirder: am I correct in saying that you get your
accents OK, but VA/NV LA persists in reporting 437? Note that we want
VA LA; that's the language/Code Page Xy is actually using. VA $CP will
report the CodePage of DOS, which will always (I think) be 437. Let me
see what I get on the W2K and XP boxes at the office (won't get to the
XP one till Wednesday).
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx