Re: XyWin vs. WPWin

I doubt that it will save Nathan very many seconds at start up,
but it is perhaps worth noting that Novell has recently released
WPWIN 6.2 and it has been getting near rave reviews in the trade press (INFOWORLD) etc.
The big-boy consensus seems to be that WPWIN 6.2 and WINWORD 6.0
are neck and neck in the major win wp sweepstakes.

Its a hard world out there for TTG, and I wonder if anything but a
"niche market" is even possible. My frustration is that (being
firmly in the academic/scholarly writing niche) I haven't seen a
workable niche development/marketing strategy emerging from TTG
and/or Notabene. I wish it were otherwise.

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947