xy&dosbox

I've been overtaken by high tech and would appreciate any help.

I'm trying to run Xywrite III+ under win7 on desktop and vista on laptop.
Dosbox gives me Xy and full screen in both cases.

What I can't get is the vertical split screen that I use heavily. F10 and
ctrl produces a mouse arrow. F9 and ctrl kills the whole thing. Other Fs
don't do anything.

What commands need I make to get that split screen? I write articles on
one side from notes on the other. As I have been doing since 1984 when I
had a Xy 5 inch floppy and a file 5 inch floppy in the two disk drives on
my Kaypro.

thanks,

ralph

rgrayauto@xxxxxxxx