Re: A MODEST PROPOSAL

" But several subscribers have unnecessarily fed back whole referents
" lately, and my impression was that this new trend was the reason for
" Nathan's request. I interpreted his msg as a tactful request to those
" few to show some consideration, not as a general directive. 	--a
" ============================= adpFisher  nyc

	I wonder if it is the mail software. Off this list,
	I've been getting replies that quote the whole 100 line
	message and then a line or two of comment or question
	at the bottom, but these persons are using Netscape
	for mail and don't seem to know that they can mark,
	cut and delete text.
	Knowing them as I do, I just scan to the tedious
	bottom (using the text-based Unix elm software),
	find the reply, and if replying myself cut the
	100 lines off with a stub, their 2 line reply and
	my 50 line explanation or comment.

						say@xxxxxxxx