Re: Printing under Xy4/VMware/W2K/Win 7/8

Bill,
I, too, am extremely pleased with VMWare as a solution for running 16-bit software on my 64-bit Windows 7, but in my case I decided on XP (I had a legitimate disk so no cost) for running NotaBene9 (still waiting for final version of 10 before I abandon version 9). In my case, I opted to install all the VMWare tools as well, so that my virtual XP uses the printer of the host flawlessly; I also do use the host's internet for my XP installation. I agree with you that for most people VMWare Player (the free version) is better than VirtualBox for most people simply because it integrates with the host system so well for all drives, scanner, printer, internet, screen, etc., and cutting a pasting seems less cumbersome than having to set up network drives.

Just my two cents,

Bill TeBrake
UMaine, History, Emeritus