Re: XyW on a T43 with XP Pro

Michael Norman wrote:
Then perhaps my notion of troubleshooting a botched install by using
msconfig to shut down most services is not going to work.
Probably not. The real question is, WHY is anyone trying to "install" XyWin? You copy an existing setup from one PC to another. (And of course your existing setup is backed up--on a flash drive, a CD, something--in case of hard drive failure.)
I guess a better question, cost notwithstanding, is: why not use NotaBene is you want XY in a WIN GUI?
I don't want the Win Gui. All I wanted (at the time--pre TYP and
Xy2PDF--I got XyWin) was the ability to print using TrueType fonts.
And the cost of NB (not to mention its bugginess at that time) seemed
overblown for that.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx