Re: Various questions

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Fri, 9 Oct 1998 10:37:43 -0400

Chiozzi Andrea wrote:
> 3) I need to export formatted xy documents as graphic files (i.e. pcx,
>  tiff ), and to send document via fax.

This probably isn't a superior alternative to Postscript, but it's sure easy
to use. The Hungarian site with all the Word-4-Word files includes the
following W4W graphics filters: GIF, JPEG, Postscript bitmaps, OS/2 bitmaps,
PCX, RAS (Sun raster graphics), BMP, Xerox XIF, Windows metafiles, and I don't
know what else. So you'd export the XyWrite doc into W4W's intermediate
format, generate a PCX file with the appropriate filter, and import PCX into
your fax program. You don't need Postscript quality for a fax. I'll mail
you the (XyWrite|DOS) commands if you need them.

ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror_hosts/ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/fonts/postscript/adobe/Applications/adobefileutilities/dos/

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx