Re: NotaBene DOS 3 question

Wally Bass wrote:
Well, I'm playing with it now, and the SL option of DEFINE doesn't work for me under XY4. I nearly always run XY3+ in a 50 by 80 window, and have a DEFAULT SL=50 entry in STARTUP.INT to make that work.
The way I get it to work (on XP) is to start XyWrite from a batch file that says mode con lines=50 before it starts XyWrite. Probably there are other ways. On W98 changing the number of lines in the window properties worked, if I recall correctly---there was no need for the mode con stuff. I can't get a window of *more* than 50 lines, though. It seems that SL has a maximum of 50 (which is a pity!). -- Martin J. Osborne http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne Have you seen http://econtheory.org