Re: so, if you had a....

wallen@xxxxxxxx writes:

> So, if you had a Brother MFC-8300 laser printer that you bought for the
> convenience of a combo printer, fax, and copier and because you often use
> Word and only when you got home did you remember that you still use XyWrite
> 3, would you
>
> 1. return the new printer and get your money back and decide that you're
> stuck with old printers that still have drivers for XyWrite
>
> 2. return the new printer and get something HP inkjet in hopes that some
> driver will work
>
> 3. Abandon XyWrite

Nope ...

I'd go with #4. Keep the printer. Write in XyWrite and import the text into
any ol' Windoze program (even Word) for subsequent formatting and printing.
This way, you get the best of XyWrite's word processing functionality and
THEN take advantage of a WYSIWYG interface to get more predictable (and
previewable) results. I sometimes use a freeware Notepad replacement called
Metapad for this. You can find it easily on the Web, if you like.

Can't imagine having enough time on my hands to build my own printer file.
This works, so why mess with any of the rest?

My 4 centavos ...

Jeff Seager