From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, June 3, 2017 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: OED redux

Reply to note from J R FOX mailto:jr_fox@xxxxxxxx Sat, 3 Jun 2017
16:31:08 +0000 (UTC)

> Rather hard to find the *old* CDs.

No need to, Jordan. The latest OED on CD-ROM will do fine:

http://bit.ly/OEDonCDv4

Check first to ensure that it will work with your version of Windows.
The website asserts compatibility through Windows 7, but I'd be
surprised if it didn't work with later versions of Windows as well.

A handy feature of OED4 is that it polls the Windows clipboard and
updates the current definition accordingly. So if you save a word to
the clipboard in XyWrite (or any other program) and switch to the OED
-- boom, the definition is there. No elaborate lookup procedure
necessary. Watch: https://youtu.be/pa42Qb-7Wvk

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx

https://www.avast.com/en-us/lp-safe-emailing-3108-a?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=oa-3108-a Virus-free. https://www.avast.com/en-us/lp-safe-emailing-3108-a?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=oa-3108-a