Re: Clip and OOM and WInword

** Reply to message from Si Wright  on Mon, 23 Jan 2006
18:52:52 -0800 (PST)

> What's all this newfangled nonsense about COPY and PASTE keys? F7 and F8 were
> good enough for our forebears and by cracky they're good enough for me.

Whatever you like.

Well, I'm stumped -- stabbing in the dark, blindly trying to figure out what's
going on with your system. Nobody has reported this sort of behavior before.

I'm gonna suggest something really radical here: that you simply debug the
code! Then we'll ALL know the answer directly. Good idea? I never cease to
wonder why nobody seems to have the least interest in coming to grips with this
very SIMPLE scripting language. That's the elephant in the room, every day. I
can't even figure out why anybody would want to *use* XyWrite without access to
the customization potential of XPL! Just can't fathom it.

So here's my suggestion:  CAll U2, find frame ClipW*, go down to where it says
from elsewhere if you don't know how to make them, with the PFUN command).
Try to Paste. Do you still see "Here!" on the PRompt line? If so, move
to Paste again. Do you still see the "Here!" prompt? Then move this block
down to just before "JM 2.ScrnRestQ2 ", and try again ("LH«Helpkey»", then
Paste). Keep moving this block toward the end of the frame, until the frame
crashes. That's where your problem is.

This sort of self-help is the surest, fastest way to a real solution. If it isn't an AWAITFILE problem, then maybe its a SCRNRESTore problem... How many lines of text does your screen display? Do you work fullscreen or in a Desktop window? ----------------------------- Robert Holmgren holmgren@xxxxxxxx -----------------------------