Re: File associations for Xy

Thanks, Carl. I did run the ASSOC and FTYPE modules, but still can't get
the %1 to take effect. Only a minor annoyance.

But the following is interesting. I did:
ftype XyWrFile=c:\editor.exe "%1"
The quotes around the %1 are there for other associations, so I tried that (also tried without success no quotes). I have ASSOCiated .BAK files with XyWrFile. I created an entirely blank STARTUP.INT and double clicked, in Explorer, on a file named TT.BAK. Up comes Xy, but without TT.BAK and with the error message: "Too many letters in file name." What filename would that be? Is there some VAriable I could check?

Regards,
Harry
Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Sun,
01 Jul 2007 14:50:14 -0400

> In short, assoc appears to be an INTERNAL command of cmd.exe.

Yes, both ASSOC and FTYPE are internal commands. U2 users can pull
a list of your Win32 ASSOCiations and FTYPE string definitions into
Xy4 for leisurely browsing with PULL CMD /C ASSOC and
PULL CMD /C FTYPE, respectively.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx