Re: Shift key naming

Reply to note from  Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:29:29 +0100

> When I renamed SHIFT to SHFT, though, Xy behaved oddly when the
> Page-up and End keys were pressed, acting as if the F1 `define'
> key had been pressed.

Hmmm, I've never heard of that happening. Are you using a laptop?
All bets are off with laptop keyboards. The OpSys may be a factor
as well.

> Did I read somewhere that Xy4Dos is not too co-operative over
> having the Tab key as a shift key?

I'm able to, but YMMV. It's not enough, BTW, to name the Tab key as
a shifting key in the KEYS stanza. You also have to comment out any
existing Tab key assignments with semi-colons.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx