From: Avrom
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: parallel ports
Dear Fellow Xywriters:
Unfortunately I still do not have a better term to greet people on the Xylist.  I miss Pat who would know the answer to  all my language questions.

I appreciate the correction in the spelling of Luddites.  I was never aware of General Ned Ludd.  I will make sure when my children call me a Luddite again that they spell it with a double d.
On the subject of  parallel ports.  While I compose all text in xywrite, I have always used word for word to convert my documents to wordperfect 5.1 to print.  I think wp5.1 still has the best kerning program.  Since  I have two lazerjet printers which work fine with a parallel port  and I do not see a way to print in wordperfect 5.1 to a usb port I will continue to print to the parallel port.  In any event since I  buy a lazerjet 5 printer on ebay for about $50-60, and it is still cheaper to buy a "reconditioned" used printer than to repair one and I have about 30 toner cartridges left I will remain a happy Luddite.
Your fellow Luddite
Avrom Fischer