Re: history

> I trust you are also enamoured of electric interurban railways
> and dirigibles. I have a weakness for both, though I barely
> remember seeing one of the U S Navy dirigibles over the Panama
> Canal Zone, and grew up just in time to ride a few of the
> longer-lasting inturbans in the early 1950s.
>
> George Scithers of owlswick@xxxxxxxx

Well, go to Paris, and you will find a marvelous electric interurban railway
system that brings you from
*anywhere* in a radius of 30 miles around Paris to the city's center in 30
minutes. And you can get up at 7 AM, leave Paris at 8 AM and make it for a
conference at Tours at 9 AM, 150 miles south of Paris, by train (I actually
did this).

Alexander Hellemans