Re: Cropped tails are beautiful...

R E Stannard suggests that people don't append the messages to which
they're replying. He writes as a consumer of the "digest". As somebody
who doesn't use the digest, I'd like to agree with him.

Judith Davidsen says that

>Without the "tails," I find, it is often impossible to
>figure out what messages answer what questions.

and wonders about a solution that would work for all.

The solution is staggeringly simple. In one way or another, you summarize
the question or problem to which you're responding, quoting only as
necessary. Self-evidently (to me, at least), regurgitation of entire
messages, complete with signatures (phone numbers, quotations and the rest
of it) shows a lack even of a token interest in raising the S/N ratio.
Peter Evans