Re: DOS nostalgia

I wrote a little XPL pgm to copy each of about 40 diskettes to a
directory I named Floppies. Manual disk fanged required, but now I
have all the files as files.

Sent from my iPod

On Jun 5, 2010, at 6:00 AM, Paul Breeze
wrote:

I have done just that, conventing all my floppies into images. There is a freeware program called virtual floppy drive which can be used within Windows, or as Kari says, just use the image in VPC. Paul Breeze On 05/06/2010 07:46, Kari Eveli wrote:
If you have old floppies, you need a computer with a floppy drive or a USB floppy drive. Then consider converting old floppies into disk images using programs like Winimage (virtual floppies) or Infrarecorder (ISO files). Then using floppies with VirtualPC is just a matter of drag-and-drop. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** English summary of our services: http://www.lexitec.fi/sitesummary.html FileOpen-based ebook packaging and support: http://www.lexitec.fi/fileopen.html Acrobat Reader Treasure Trove: http://www.lexitec.fi/acrobat-reader.html English-Finnish-English Computer Terms: http://www.lexitec.fi/glossary.html XyWrite Utilities: http://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/utility.html Home page (in Finnish): http://www.lexitec.fi/