CM line position in XyWin(was: Re: XyWrites 4 and 5)

On 6-4-99, Carl DiStefano wrote (in part)

 > ... default UI, which controls the position and length of the
 > *PRompt* line. A setting of 2 (the default) positions the PRompt to
 > the right of the CMline, so that they each occupy half a line. But
 > a setting of 0 or 1 moves the PRompt to its own line (at the top or
 > bottom of the screen), and the CMline expands to fill the entire
 > line.

Correct, of course. But I can't find in the XyWin Reference Guide, or in
the comments included in XWSET.DFL, any mention of the fact that when they
talk about "the CM line" they mean the Command line *preceded by* the
indication of the current directory. I would be very glad to lengthen that
block, preferably at the expense of the PRompt line -- any suggestions?

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel

PS: Is it worth saying this again, to those of our number who are just
thinking about changing versions of the World's Greatest Word Processor?
Because files can essentially be interchanged between XyDOS (Xy 4) and
XyWin, I use them both; I use XyWin (a) when I'm already in Windows (3.1,
in my case) and want to jump back & forth between aplpications, or (b) when
I'm writing something that will eventually be converted to MS Word (which I
prefer for interfacing with e.g. WinFax), but I use XyDOS for any serious
writing or editing, not least because the screen looks better (why couldn't
XyWin have used a multi-colored screen?) but mainly because it's more
memory-tolerant and crashproof than XyWin. With a memory manager (I use
Qualitas 386Max), XyDOS can handle huge files and big operations without a
murmur; XyWin is much more tetchy and quirky.