Re: F5--and everything went black...

** Reply to message from Si Wright  on Thu,
4 Oct 2007 22:31:00 -0700 (PDT)

> Uh, Robert, you have heard this complaint before because when I
> initially brought it up under this thread title you responded,
> in essence, get used to it, it's not a big deal.

Of course I remember that: I'm not exactly an "avid" reader,
but I do "recall the thread [you are] now continuing". What I
mean is, nobody *else* has reported it here, AFAIK. And yes,
Michael's URL is very interesting: it reflects the standard way
to remap keys at the OpSys level in NT, as opposed to remapping
the chip in the keyboard itself, which is what I do because I
use multiple operating systems (but I'm motivated by his URL to
turn my CapsLock into a Shift key, and move the whole key --
maybe to Uranus -- bloody annoying key). The real question is
whether that approach would get the "refresh" function off F5
without also moving F5 to ... where? In other words, suppose
you want to get the "Open File" Windows function off Ctrl-O, but
want to keep letter "O" itself -- how would you do that? Surely
that tweak is buried a bit deeper than keyboard [hardware] Scan
Codes.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx