Re: Gresham's Law

:	: subscribers who post on nothing but their OS --me

:	 Now who would that be, Annie? --Harmon

Not you, Harmon. I've been aware since you switched to linux that you'd
turned off the Warp flackware. That's why I changed the subject line.

:	 There was a discussion started by Steve Shaw, who asked
:	 several time why people weren't using XYWin. Several of us
:	 responded to that.

Well, it's neither here nor there, but I don't recall the several queries.

:	 I assume that those who use windoz are
:	 essentially incapable of navigating the linux morass.

In other words, anyone who wants to do graphics on the 80x86, Windows
being the only gui with any apps. Why am I unsurprised that you share
the same assessment of the computing public as The Megacorp That Sized Up
the PC Market and Visited PCJr and Warp on Us. People are a good deal
smarter and better informed as what you post assumes us to be.

:	  Seems to me that there are some people here, tho, who are not
:	 really as interested in dicussing issues as they are in bad
:	 mouthing people. JS obviously doesn't want me to discuss anything
:	 at all, XyWrite or otherwise.

Have you considered that you may be just a mite overexposed? I know what
Jack means about looking at a mailbox that's 50 per cent msgs from your
address. Today I'm equally guilty, but I don't think it's typical. A good
deal of what's posted here--not just by you--should be private email.

:	 I, on the other hand, like to discuss issues, like where XY
:	 fits in the future puzzle, and clearly, so do others. You might
:	 be primarily interested in XPL, but I'm busy learning Perl, and
:	 have little interest in XPL, unless someone else writes it.

The narrowness of interest you attribute to me is supported by neither
fact nor evidence. I discuss xpl here because it is the only appropriate
place to discuss it.

:	 So what's the difference?

The difference is that this is a xyWrite--thus an xpl, not a Perl,
not a Warp apps--forum.

:	 You do have a delete key, right? And I'm sure you could figure
:	 out how to do a kill file if it's that bad --

Duh. How could I possibly do something that complex? I'm one of those
morons duped by MS into using Windows.

:	 I hardly think that discussions of where TTG is taking us
:	 (or isn't) will drive out discussions of XPL programming.

Huh? 	--annie