Re: Hp5 Driver

The HP LJ 5 printer operates for the most part exactly like the HP 4. It is
driven by PCL 5 coding, and has the same internal fonts as the four. The main
differences, I believe are a straighter paper path, the Infrared detection
feature for wireless printing, and a smaller foot print. Because the basic
features have not changed, we are recommending using the HP4 driver for Xy
4.017. Although we do not plan on developing a driver for this printer at this
time, it is possible that we will modify the HP 4 driver to handle any new
paper features, or other physical devices. This printer should support the
Bitstream fonts. Regards, Kevin Duval