Re: Logon

Reply to note from Wolfgang Bechstein  Mon, 29
Jan 2001 10:47:15 +0900

-> > All that needs to be done is to delete the LOGON command from
-> > STARTUP.INT.
->
-> I don't quite see why you write that in a reply to a message of
-> mine. That's what I've been saying, and I am NOT the one who
-> reported problems here.

I wasn't so much replying to you as I was, frankly, trying to put an
end to this Rasputin-esque and now rather tiresome thread, in which
we established conclusively a week or more ago that deleting the
LOGON command from STARTUP.INT is the only step required to avoid
being prompted to log on.

Once we've established that doing X works, it only confuses matters
to observe that doing X and Y also works, and then to reply to this,
as though it were a fresh insight that required further testing, by
noting that doing X by itself also works. We're going around in
circles and losing clarity in the process.

If anyone can identify conditions under which simply deleting the
LOGON command from STARTUP.INT is NOT enough, that would be
interesting. Otherwise, it seems fair to say that the original
question has been answered.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx