Re: Xpl accident -- one more thing...

Robert Holmgren wrote:
It goes without saying, when you're playing with real guillemets (e.g. writing
code), unless you really know what you're doing, you should always be in
eXPanded view!

Of course. Then when I switched out of it, I saw that I did NOT have a
set of neat deltas, but some weird stuff. And, yes, Ifendif and Syntax
are among the first tools I reach for.
You do know what "land's sake" comes from, I can safely assume.

Like "Good land," I assume: OED subs. I 3e US euphemistically for
"Lord"; I have a friend (not a New Englander, but Jersey City-born) who
often says "My good land." Only one I ever heard say it, though "Land's
sakes!" is something I've often come across in novels, esp. those set in
New England.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx

PS if there is a typo it is possible to make, I have made it--many times.
PPS Thanks for SFN too. I don't often need it, since I mostly stick to 8.3 filenames for anything I think may ever have to accessed by Xy (or dBase, for that matter). But when I do, I sure need it.

PMG