Re: Windows messages in xwin

 >> I've been looking through the Ecco manual for more information on the
"Windows message" method of transferring text, but have had little success. I
will probably have to get more info from Arabesque. Do you know if they are
using OLE to accomplish this? If so, we can probably set up the object link in
Xywin. I'll keep you posted on my progress. <<

 Sorry, I should never have been so oblique.

 The program I am trying to use is part of a third party add-on to ECCO called
Catalyst Tools. The tool is called Phonebook Pop Up and it is supposed to allow
you to search for and insert addresses from ECCO from windows applications. It
works great in the windows notebook, but not in windows write or (apparently)
in Xywin. The programmer's name is Phil Seeman (CIS 72461.32). Many people at
Arabesque are using Catalyst Tools, so they may be able to help, but I doubt
it. I looked in my windows manual and find no reference to "windows messages."
Perhaps Phil can clarify what he means, or someone familiar with windows
programming might jump in.

 Thanks for your help (it is not really an urgent matter). And welcome back. I
hope it was because you all took a week off and went to the beach, not to one
of those dreadful touchy feely corporate retreats.

 - Allan A. Needell, CServe: 71461,1115; Internet: aneedell@xxxxxxxx
  Written 23-Aug-1994 @ 22:37:20