Re: Problems With XyWrite v4.014

On Tue, 7 Mar 1995, Harmon F Seaver wrote:
>    How big is your swap space? Even with 16 meg of RAM, you should still
> allocate 16-20meg of swap space. It works faster if you do have that amount
> as your minimum, not leaving it at the default 2-4 meg or whatever it is.
> That's true of most systems these days -- unix is the same way. Or even
> windoz -- make a permanent 20meg swap file.

Thanks for the tip. I made the SWAPDATA file permanently 20 meg
and the system is much improved. I guess the constant searching
by OS2 to set the necessary additional swap space was slowing
down the performance to an unacceptable level.

:Jacob Green | INET:jake@xxxxxxxx | CIS :73457,3711 |
Voice:201-455-0455:
:  2 Ridgedale Avenue | P.O. Box 551 | Cedar Knolls, NJ
07927-0551  :
:   I will put pithy saying here as soon as I find the time to
   :